- One of the oldest Computer Algebra System (CAS).
- Free Software.
- Specialized in symbolic operations: algebra, trigonometry,
calculus, and much more.
- Offers numerical capabilities too.
- Complete programming language plus underlying Lisp language.
- User-friendly front-ends, online manuals, and plotting commands.
Example: Computation of the angle between a vector
with xy components
(2t2, t4+2) and its derivative,
with respect to t, when t is equal to 1:
(%i2) a: diff (v,t)$
(%i3) float (acos (subst (t=1, v.a/sqrt (v.v*a.a)))*180/%pi);
This program is used by the teacher to create the exam questions, and
by the students during the exam.